Walk to the Historic Centenary Tower, which was opened in 1904 to commemorate the first sighting of Mount Gambier by Lt. Grant on the Lady Nelson in 1800. Being the highest point in the district, it commands magnificent views of the Crater Lakes, the city, surrounding district including a coastal outlook. The walking track is bitumen, with rest points, and is a section of the circuit tract around the crater of the Valley/Browne's Lakes. The Tower includes an extensive display of early photographs of the Crater Lakes area. Illuminated at night, the Tower is a spectacular vision, and can be seen from many points around the city and district.
On 3rd December 2000, two plaques in the Tower Car Park were unveiled to commemorate the bi-centenary and the refurbishment of Centenary Tower, which is open when the flag is flying. Drinks, ice creams, and souvenirs are available, and a small entrance fee applies.mountgambiertourism.com.au